Recently we were planning to make a turkey meatloaf for dinner. We had a lot of running around to do and knew we wouldn’t be home in time for getting the meatloaf in the oven an hour before dinner so we decided to try a Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf. It was so moist and so delicious and is definitely going to be my new way of cooking meatloaf! I also sneak a lot of veggies into my meatloaf which makes it even more flavorful and moist.
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf is easy to make and loaded with hidden veggies!
Recipe type: Main
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1¼ cups bread crumbs – I used gluten free and they worked great
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ small zucchini
- ½ small summer squash
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ medium green pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop all the veggies or mince in a food processor or blender. If you have other veggies on hand you can add them in. Celery and carrots are great in meatloaf but all the veggies are cut so small that they really are not seen. This is a great way to sneak extra veggies in when some family members think they don’t like them!
- Combine the bread crumbs, ground turkey and veggies. Add the salt and pepper, milk, and eggs. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well combined.
- Shape into a round loaf and place into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or until internal temperature of meat reaches 165 degrees.
- When the meatloaf has about 20 minutes left, combine the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken. Pour over the meatloaf in the slow cooker and continue cooking.
- Remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut and serve with additional sauce!