Nutter Butter Banana Pudding has been a dessert staple for many households for years. And for GOOD reason! It’s simple, sweet and comforting! So you may be wondering why I felt the need to improve on an already perfect dessert? Well it’s peanut butter….and not just any peanut butter. I’ve included some Nutter Butter cookies and they’ve made this banana pudding pretty darn delicious! I also threw in a recipe for homemade peanut butter whipped cream for layering! Just try it once, I guarantee it will be a hit in your house after dinner, at the next BBQ, or potluck.
- 2 boxes instant banana pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- container nutter butters
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 2-3 bananas
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, place in fridge to further set while you make whipped cream.
- Start with cold heavy whipping cream, beat in mixer on high just until it starts to thicken but peaks have not formed.
- Mix in brown sugar and whip until thick.
- Add peanut butter just until combined.
- This creates a thicker and more dense whipped cream than traditional, if you would rather have a lighter, fluffier version you can omit the peanut butter and use white granulated sugar in place of brown sugar. I wanted a subtle peanut butter flavor to come in besides just the cookies so I don’t mind the thicker cream-it’s still delicious.
- Slice bananas.
How to layer the pudding in the mason jar…..
2 Tbsp. approximately of pudding.
Press a ring of cookies around sides of jar, use a spoon to move them where you want them.
2 Tbsp. approximately of whipped cream.
5- 7 banana slices, press down into sides.
Repeat layers and finish off with a dollop of cream and a cookie.
You’ll need 4 pint mason jars to make this recipe (or 8 half pint jars, which is probably a more reasonable size).