I recently had the opportunity to take a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage for an extended test drive. My lovely daughter will be headed off to college in a few months, so we’re looking for a car for her that can get her where she needs to be safely and efficiently, and the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage fits that bill.
THE 2015 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE – A GREAT SUB-COMPACT
The 2015 model we received for our extended test drive review was a standard model, but it was still quite nice. It came in a lovely shade of sapphire blue, which I totally love, and the lines of the car are wonderful. This compact car is sleek and stylish. In fact, it’s far more stylish than you would think for a sub-compact vehicle, and the way they designed the body offers more trunk space than I would have thought.
WHAT I LIKED
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage has some great checks to put in the plus column for me.
- Great Styling: It’s far more sleek and sassy than I would have thought for a sub-compact car. The exterior lines are great, and while the interior is fairly tame, it still feels very slick.
- Comfortable Interior: The interior is surprisingly comfortable for a car of its size. The design made full use of the available space, making for seating that didn’t have the classic “sardine can” feel you get with a lot of compact cars.
- Airbags Everywhere: This is a big one for me in a sub-compact car. These things are very small, so I want to know my family and I are safe. The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage comes standard with 7 airbags.
- Great Gas Mileage: This car gets over 40 MPG! Yay!
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE
Although none of these could be called deal breakers or even actually detriments to the car, these are just the things that I didn’t love.
- No CD Player: Okay, I know most people are streaming music on their cell phone and running it through the car’s speakers. What can I say? I’m old school.
- Limited Trunk Space: Again, this isn’t a deal breaker, and really, it comes with the territory of driving a sub-compact. Although, the trunk space is limited, it does allow for a little more space with its fold down rear seats. I have to say, there was more trunk space than I thought there would be.
In my opinion, the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage is a great choice for college students or for a family that doesn’t need to haul anything substantial. That’s not a downside. It’s what sub-compact cars are made for. The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage is an especially good choice for students, and it’s on our radar for our daughter’s upcoming college days. It’s compact size, wonderful gas mileage, and all those airbags make it a great choice for college students or those people who have to do a lot of commuting.
Overall, I would rate the 2015 Mitsubishi as one of the best sub-compact cars I’ve ever driven. Even though I wouldn’t call myself a sub-compact car kind of girl, I could own this one. The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage has great styling and safety, and I would highly recommend anyone to go out and give it a test drive.