This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about y’all, but I absolutely LOVE warehouse stores. It’s nice to get enough of what I need at a great price, and with a family of 5, you can imagine that buying items in bulk is something we do often. When it comes to shopping, we #ChooseSmart. I’m so excited about our new Smart & Final store. As part of their rebranding process, the wondrous folks at #CollectiveBias and Smart & Final asked me to attend their Grand Opening at 8787 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, CA, 95624 and share their new store with all of you!
Smart & Final has been around for over 144 years. So why are they rebranding?
Smart & Final has a rich history and commitment of inclusion. The ampersand signifies many different components of our company including the partnership between our founders Mr. Smart & Mr. Final, treating our customers like friends & neighbors and serving as a warehouse & market,” said Smart & Final Chief Marketing Officer, Eleanor Hong. “We are rebranding to ensure customers know who we are, what we offer and what we stand for so that they can choose Smart & Final as their primary shopping destination.
Bacon? Yes please!
I can’t go without my morning coffee!
So here it is. Take a look at all these well stocked shelves! I found everything I was looking for and MORE. They had everything from meat to produce to toiletries. I found things on those shelves I had forgotten we were out of. It was awesome.
If you’re looking for bacon they have a nice variety to choose from. We purchased the First Street Sliced Bacon and it’s SO good and flavorful!
They have so many options when it comes to ground beef. Since we were making burgers we went with their fresh premade patties.
Who doesn’t love green and crispy lettuce? We picked up a few bunches of their butter lettuce and they were absolutely amazing!
Do you have a ton of dirty laundry laying around? Um, we sure do! I picked up a few of our favorite laundry products and I was pleased to see how affordable they are.
I also picked up a few of these croissants for breakfast and I couldn’t believe how soft and flaky they were.
Obviously I bought something (okay, so I bought a LOT of things!) but I want to share with you my famous western bacon cheeseburger with honey BBQ mayo recipe. The thing that really makes a burger is the BBQ mayo in my opinion. Obviously, you have to start with fresh, good quality hamburger, like the kind I got at Smart & Final, but then the right combination of veggies and toppings make it so much more than “just a western burger”. Here’s my recipe:
- 1 package First Street premade hamburger patties (we only used 5 patties for this recipe)
- 5 slices First Street Monterrey jack cheese
- 10 slices of First Street bacon, cooked and broken in half
- butter lettuce
- red tomatoes, sliced
- 24 onion rings, you can use less, if desired
- red onions, sliced
- ½ cup honey BBQ sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- hamburger buns, you can use any kind but we prefer seeds on ours
- Cajun seasoning and coarse black pepper, to taste.
- First, cook onion rings according to package directions, then set aside.
- In medium fry pan, cook the bacon until it’s nice and semi-crispy.
- Over medium heat, cook the hamburger meat 3-6 minutes per side, until thoroughly cooked.
- During the last minute, top each burger with 1 slice of cheese (you can use two, if you like).
- Then grill your buns until browned, and then remove them from the heat.
- While warm, layer each bun with hamburger meat, cheese, veggies, onion rings, bacon and honey BBQ mayo.
How to make the BBQ Mayo Sauce:
In medium sized bowl, mix the honey BBQ sauce and mayo, making sure it’s completely mixed. That’s it! Easy peasy, right?
More Smart & Final News:
For the remainder of 2015, Smart & Final is to open 16 additional Smart & FinalExtra! stores including three store conversions. That means that there’s a good chance there is one opening near you!Check out their new commercial too!
Be sure to check out more delicious options by visiting Smart & Final in Elk Grove. We’d love to hear what you love about the new store!