The Indian summers can get extremely hot and excruciating, and with a near 90% humidity on a daily basis, the sweat becomes unbearable on the human body. Even then, we like to go around, trying to get our daily work done, but at the end of the day, the body is not really tired, but all the energy has been sapped.
You find that the amount of water that you need to drink on a daily basis goes up by a considerable amount, and even then, there is no respite from the heat as well as the humility that you encounter when you go out. This is the reason why purchasing the best split air conditioner for your house as well as for your office seems to be the perfect solution to this problem. You would be able to get rid of the persistent heat that you encounter, and you might also be able to get a lot of work done on time.
Reviews of Best split AC for home use in India 2019
Voltas 1.5 Ton split AC: – Voltas, a name that is to do with the cooling solutions for people located in various regions of the world is a name that also finds a noticeable mention in the Indian households. This is a company that has been making some of the most impressive air conditioners in the market, and continues to play a very important role in the effort to tackle the Indian hot weather. This is one of the bestselling AC in India, and thousands of people purchase the products from this brand every year in order to get the kind of cooling solution that they want.
- This is a split AC that does not come with any kind of noise making paraphernalia.
- This has a very low cost, making it an ideal product for those looking out for split ACs.
- This AC has a manufacturer warranty of one year on the product alone and five years warranty on the compressor.
- It makes use of an aluminum condensing coil, which is more affordable in case you would want to replace it as against the copper condensing coil.
- It makes use of the R22 refrigerant gas, which is not harmful to the environment.
- It has an overall capacity of 1.5 ton, making it suitable for rooms between 100 and 150 ft.²
- This AC does not make use of an inverter compressor, making it susceptible to problems when there are current failures, which is a common incident in India.
- The aluminum condensing coil which is used in the product is inferior to the copper condensing coil which is normally used in most of the AC units across the world.
- It is not suitable for larger rooms due to the limitation in the capacity of the AC.
Carrier 1.5 Ton Inverter split AC: – Carrier is a world renowned name that has made its reputation in the cooling sector. It is by far one of the best inverter AC in India, and continues to sell a lot of units every year due to the stellar reputation that it has. It makes use of the copper condenser coil, which is excellent in terms of the energy rating, while at the same time it also provides proper cooling without the need for any kind of maintenance. It also makes use of special dust filters so that the air that you receive is all purified when it enters your room.
- This is an inverter split AC, ensuring that your compressor will be able to adjust according to the power necessary along with the load of the heating.
- It has a five-star energy rating, which makes it the best in energy efficiency within its own class.
- It has an excellent energy consumption unit that is appropriate in terms of its usage on a day-to-day basis.
- It contains a manufacturing warranty of at least one year on the product alone, one year on the condenser as well as 10 years on the compressor itself.
- It contains a dust filter which will be able to purify the air that you receive from the AC.
- It comes with a remote control user manual which enables you to understand the proper functionality of the AC and then use it according to your needs.
- The market price of this AC is a bit higher than most of the other contemporary ACs in the market, making it an expensive purchase for people with limited amount of income.
- The materials necessary to be changed in case there are any problems out of the warranty time can be a bit on the costlier side.
LG 1.5 Ton Inverter split AC: – LG is a reputed brand in India, and continues to play the role of being the most trusted and amongst the top air conditioner brands in India. It continues to put out some of the most energy efficient AC that you can find for the Indian market, and with a five-star rating, this AC is not an exception. It also comes with the proper outdoor units as well as all the other necessary aspects like the warranty, making it a delight purchase for the people already suffering from the harsh Indian weather.
- This has a five-star rating, making it the best when it comes to efficiency within its own class.
- It has a one year warranty on the product and about 10 years warranty on the compressor itself.
- It contains an antibacterial coating which will ensure that there are no bacteria or putrid air that gets into your house through the air-conditioning vent.
- It does not have any kind of ozone-depleting material as the cooling factor, making it an eco-friendly product for you.
- It makes use of the copper condensing coil, which is a lot better in terms of cooling than most of the other alternatives.
- It has a proper energy consumption rating of 1440 units, which is an annual consumption, making it a wonderful purchase.
- It is consistently ranked as one of the best split air conditioner brand in the Indian market for many years.
- The noise level is about 31 dB, which is exceedingly high when you consider that the EC is going to be located within a small room.
- The cooling is not as much as you would come to expect out of a proper split AC, making it a product that might not be able to get the kind of traction it deserves.
Daikin 1.5 Ton Inverter split AC: – As an AC brand, Daikin produces the best inverter AC 1.5 ton models that you can find in the current Indian market. It makes use of a proper inverter compressor, which can provide a variable speed depending upon the kind of power consumption that it has to depend upon. This has a very low noise operation, ensuring that it does not disturb the people when working. It is also energy efficient, which makes sure that you get a lot of savings in terms of the energy bills. Moreover, there is also a filter stabilizer which ensures that you would be able to get proper air coming into your room.
- This has a three star AC energy rating, which makes it pretty efficient if you want to make it a sole yet conditioning unit within a small room.
- It is pretty energy efficient, and consists of a capacity of 1.5 tons which is more than enough in order to cool a small room.
- It has a manufacturing warranty of one year on the product itself, another one year on condenser and about five years on the compressor.
- It makes use of the R 32 refrigerant gas which is equal friendly, and does not have any kind of global warming and ozone depletion potential.
- As a product, Daikin has extremely low numbers of service centers all across India, making it problematic for people that purchased the product from smaller towns.
- The cost of the product is not economical, in the sense that most of the people from middle age income groups will not be able to purchase this product.
- It does not have any horizontal flip option.
- You will not find any kind of variable swing options that are normally to be found in any air-conditioning unit.
Godrej 1.5 Ton 3 star split AC: – This new range from Godrej which has been introduced in the year 2019 is amongst one of the best split AC for home use, and continues to be one of the best that you can find in the current Indian market. It comes with a whole new range of refrigerant like the R 32 which is eco-friendly, and also provides powerful cooling. It is extremely good for the hot humid weather that normally accompanies the Indian summers, and continues to be one of the best ways for you to call yourself of in your own house without any kind of problems.
- It contains an auto blow feature which will be able to prevent any kind of bacterial growth within the AC filter itself.
- It contains an acoustic jacket which is multilayered in order to provide for extremely silent operations so as to prevent babies from waking up.
- It has Bluefin technology a premier coating which has been used in the evaporator in order to provide protection from any kind of rust.
- It has an active carbon filter which will be able to capture all the bacteria as well as all the unpleasant odor which normally comes into your room and get rid of it in the source itself.
- It also contains an anti-dust filter which will be able to remove any kind of particles like pollen grains, hair and a lot more.
- Godrej is not known for making AC, and therefore the initial products might be susceptible to some kinds of damage normally seen in inferior products.
- The antibacterial filter needs to be changed constantly, and that in itself can take up a lot of your time and money.
Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 star split AC: – Sanyo has had a steady inroad into the Indian AC market, and now continues to be a good product for the middle class income group with their split aces. If you are wondering which split AC is best in India 1.5 ton, then this product will definitely be a contender for the title. It is after all one of the best-known, energy-efficient split ACs in the market, and continues to play a pivotal role in the middle section market where there is a lot of demand for AC but price is of a premium.
- This AC has a dust filter which will be able to purify the air and send it to the room.
- It comes with a manufacturing warranty of one year on the product alone as well as five years on the compressor. It also has a one year warranty on the condenser.
- It has a capacity of 1.5 tons; therefore it is well suited for a medium-sized room and not more.
- The energy rating is three stars, which is good enough for any kind of air conditioning that is to be done in a normal household.
- It does not make use of any of the refrigerant other than the R32 simply because it is the most eco-friendly product of their in the market.
- It is continuously valued at 3.7 ISEER, making it extremely good and energy-efficient.
- Sanyo is a company that has a lot of publicity and yet a lot less service centers as compared to all the other competitors in the market.
- The maintenance associated with this product is a lot more than anticipated.
- The quality of Sanyo AC cannot be vouched for since this is a new product in the market, and may be susceptible to bad reviews.
Blue Star 1.5 Ton 3 star split AC: – Blue Star is the biggest name the areas in the cooling sector, and it continues to play a very important role in how people go about using such a company in India for meeting all the cooling needs. This is considered to be the best split AC brand in India, and it continues to rule the roost compared to all the other competitors in the current market. This is primarily because it has brought about the best quality AC consistently in the Indian market, which is not only efficient, but also has a very little noise emanating out of it when working.
- The AC has climate control features ensuring that you would be able to get the best possible cooling mode which will be suitable for all kinds of external climate.
- You have a double setting preference, ensuring that you can personalize your AC cooling experience without having to face any problems when somebody else comes into the room.
- It has self-diagnosis quality which has been programmed in such a manner that in case there are any faults in the operation, it will provide you an alert immediately about the faulty part and to ensure that you get replaced.
- It has the self-cleaning ability, which ensures that maintenance is almost always non-existent when you purchase this particular product.
- Blow clean or auto clean up the available features within this AC, which makes it perfectly easy for you to maintain this product even in the harshest of weathers.
- The cost associated with this AC is not something that most of the people can afford.
- It has a three star rating, meaning that it is not the most energy-efficient that you can purchase for this particular sum of money.
Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 3 star split AC: – As a product, there can be no doubt about the pedigree of Whirlpool to produce some of the best ACs in the market. Lately, they have been working on this model, which is a 3 star AC, which provides some of the best cooling for the Indian heat. To say that this company is one of the best in the world will actually be the complete truth and nothing else. It also provides a warranty of one year on the product, one year on the condenser as well as 10 years on the compressor itself. It comes with the six sense fast cooling technology, which is a trademark of the company itself.
- It has the R32 refrigerant, which is eco-friendly, and provides superior cooling to most of the other products.
- This is an AC which is free of any stabilizer.
- It can provide cooling solutions to even about 55 ° external temperatures.
- It has an intelligent inverter technology which will be able to handle cooling the room even when it runs on the in water.
- It has an energy rating of three stars, which is more than sufficient in order to provide proper energy savings.
- It will be able to effectively cool a room between 100 sq feet to 150 sq feet.
- Whirlpool is not always known as the best possible company when it comes to providing after sales support.
- It is necessary for you to purchase an external stabilizer in order to get the AC in accordance to your voltage in the house.
- The product is comparatively costlier than some of the other products that you can find in the market with the same functionalities.
Buying Guide for Split AC in India
During the summer time, the Indian subcontinent can be an extremely uncomfortable place for you to stay to the stifling heat as well as the exceptionally humid weather. However, due to global warming, this situation has been further shifted towards making it plain uncomfortable for anybody, even the Indians that have been acclimatized to the weather. However, even in such uncomfortable situations, we need methods with which we would be able to bear the heat while ensuring that our daily routine is not disturb in any manner. This is why making use of split ACs or even plain air conditioners might actually work out in your favor.
The primary advantage of using a split AC is a lot less noise that it makes due to the compressor, as well as the condenser being located outside of the house. Moreover, it can be installed with a very small amount of space being drilled in the wall, which makes it look aesthetic and appealing to the people as well.
Now, there are different types of criteria you need to worry about when purchasing a split AC. They include;
- Size of the room: – Split ACs are fitted with a compressor and a condenser that will be able to work for a defined size of the room. For example, if your AC capacity is about one ton, then it would be able to easily cool down a room about the size of hundred square feet or less. However, if you are going to use the same capacity easy for a room that is about 200 ft.² or more, chances are that you would not be able to get the appropriate cooling. So, please remember the size of the room that you want the cooling for and get an appropriate split AC to get the job done.
- Budget: – Split ACs are known to be costly, somewhat in the range of rupees Rs. 20,000-Rs. 40,000. So, if you do not have budget that will be able to attribute towards this cost, then chances are that you need another method of cooling down your room or going for the window AC, which is less costly, but extremely harsh when it comes to the maintenance that is needed. Moreover, split ACs requires maintenance as well, and it will cost you an upwards of thousand rupees for any kind of parts that need to be replaced during the maintenance. So, please bear that in mind when purchasing a split AC.
- Aluminum or copper coil: – In most split ACs you find that the cooling is normally done with the help of a liquid refrigerant or a gas refrigerant, which is basically cooled with the help of the copper or the aluminum coil. In the copper coil, the cooling happens very fast, since it has a very high transfer rate of heat, as a less corrosion. However, it is a costly expenditure associated with the split AC and not everybody can afford it. The aluminum coil enabled split AC is a lot cheaper, but it does not have the longevity as associated with the copper coil, neither the cooling.
- Dust and anti-bacteria filter: – In the hazardous air of India that we breathe in, there are airborne bacteria and dust that enters into our house through the AC. However, if you purchase a split AC that comes with the anti-bacteria filter and that is filled up, then you would be able to avoid such kind of things from entering into your house, ensuring that it would make your house safer and free from any kind of such airborne diseases.
Final Thoughts on Best split AC for home use in India
To be frank, there are still hundreds of millions of Indian people that might not have used an air conditioner all throughout the lives and have still survived. However, why would you subject yourself to such kind of humidity and heat when you have a refreshing method in order to take care of it? This is the reason why it would be pertinent for you take the help of the best split AC brand in India and go about purchasing a product of your choice. After all, when you cannot stand the heat of the Indian summer weather, it would be a good idea for you to look at appropriate solutions which are well within your budget.