Have you been to Safeway lately? They just sent me an awesome gift basket of cooking essentials I wanted to tell you about. The items included Sugar, Swanson’s Chicken Broth, Flour, Cookie Mixes, Cinnamon, Corn, Starbucks Coffee, Green Beans, Chocolate Chips and other great goodies.
I made some kicked-up green bean casserole which included green beans, turkey kielbasa, cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, French fried onions, and milk. It was really EASY to make, and so GOOD! And of course, while the casserole was in the oven I relaxed with the Starbucks coffee (can you say YUM?)! I’ll be making it again for Christmas dinner. Can’t wait!
Green bean casserole is a staple of many holiday meals, but this version is a little different than the kind your grandma made. Um, it’s so easy to make and I love it with the turkey kielbasa and French fried onions. This casserole is a little savory, a little creamy, and a whole lot DELICIOUS! The French fried onions give it the perfect crunchy topping.
Here’s the recipe so you can make your own delicious kicked up green bean casserole!
5.0 from 4 reviewsKicked-Up Green Bean and Kielbasa Casserole
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
- 3 cans french-style green beans (you can use fresh if you’d like)
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1⅓ cups french fried onions
- 1 14 oz. turkey kielbasa sausage
- In a medium sized baking dish, mix soup, evaporated milk and pepper. Stir in french-style green beans and ⅔ cups of french fried onions (you can add more if you’d like)
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F, or until nice and hot.
- Stir. Then top with remaining french fried onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until your french fried onions are golden brown.
As usual, all of the Safeway products were fresh and delicious. Remember the basket of farm fresh fruits and veggies I got in the summer? Safeway never disappoints me. I can always count on them to have the freshest and most flavorful products on their shelves. The store is always clean, and the staff is so friendly. Shopping there is always a pleasure.
Check out some of the recipes on my blog for other great recipes to add to your holiday table, and get your ingredients at Safeway. You won’t be disappointed.