Normally I’d whip up a batch of red mashed potatoes and toss them in some milk and butter and they’re usually good. But they’re quite boring that way so I wanted to revive them a bit by giving them a fresh and tasty makeover.
I LOVE sour cream and chives on baked potatoes so it was just a natural progression to add those wondrous flavors to my mashed potatoes.
Delicious!!! This was the perfect way to breathe new life into a hum-drum side dish. Serve it next to some meatloaf or bring it out to accompany grilled meats, either way they’ll be devoured.
- 3 lb. medium red potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. chives, chopped fine-reserve 1 tsp. or so for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Here are some of the must have Kitchen Items, you may cosider checking
- Peel potatoes completely, or if you prefer peel off about half the skin and leave the rest, it adds a ton of great flavor!
- Slice into large chunks.
- Add salt and potatoes to water, boil until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place potatoes, milk, butter, broth, garlic, chives, sour cream, salt and pepper into the bowl of your stand mixer and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh chives.