Um, there’s nothing better than a nice warm bowl of creamy chicken noodle soup to chase away the frore, fall chills. I usually make this creamy soup every fall (and winter) for my family. And it always turns out delicious! This soup will seriously warm your family up this fall (and winter), and it’s also perfect for those chilly days when you just cuddle up and watch TV with your family (um…who doesn’t love cuddling up with their family, right?). Your family won’t believe you didn’t spend all day chopping, stirring, and cooking this creamy and delicious soup. You can use whatever veggies you like — but I like to use carrots, celery, and an onion mix. You can use rotisserie chicken, baked chicken breast or leftover grilled chicken from the night before. Sounds super simple, right? That’s because it is.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place broth, noodles, veggies, garlic, salt, and pepper into a large pot- simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- If using fresh vegetables, sauté diced onion in a little bit of olive oil before adding broth and other ingredients; it will bring out a deeper flavor.
- Stir in cream cheese, milk and cornstarch, whisking to blend thoroughly.
- Allow to simmer another 10 minutes to thicken.
See I told you it was crazy easy to make, but no one has to know that, it still tastes like a bowl of love with a side a crackers.