If you’re looking for a scrumptious and “sorta’ healthy snack, then look no further than these Carrot Cake Muffins with Cinnamon Glaze! They’re moist, sweet and full of all kinds of amazing flavors. They’re also great for breakfast, on the go, or even as a dessert to finish off a tasty dinner. Filled with fruit, veggies, and goodness even the kids will happily wolf these down.
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON GLAZE
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup chunky applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 eggs, large
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup total combined-flake coconut, raisins, or nuts
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line your muffin tin with baking papers, or grease well.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and coconut-or whatever your optional ingredient is.
- In a the bowl of a stand or hand mixer combine applesauce, carrots, coconut oil, water, eggs, and coconut until just combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet a little at a time until combined.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. vanilla
2-3 tsp. milk
TO MAKE GLAZE:
Combine cinnamon, powdered sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Add milk 1 tsp. at a time until wet but not quite runny. When muffins are cool, dip into glaze.